The Academy is an area in Prodigy Math. It was released for beta testing to random players in late September 2018. It is now available to everyone once they reach level 15.
Unlocking the Academy
- Go to the map. When the Academy is clicked, a box will only pop up if the player is under level 15 and state that they must reach level 15 and complete a battle.
- Win/complete one battle against a monster.
- After the battle; if the player levels up to level 15, Noot will receive a letter for the entrance of the Academy.
"I just received a letter! It's...from the Academy's Keeper! He says there's a portal that just opened up near the Academy building that leads inside. We can get back in! Let's head on over there as soon as we can!"
Clicking on the Academy after this allows the player to enter a forested area. Noot cannot find the portal. Pippet is approaching, so the player must hide behind a coniferous tree along with Noot. Pippet utilizes his Unknown shadow spells and forms the portal. The player sneaks in behind Pippet and enters the Academy - Great Hall area. Confronted by Gale, the Academy Merchant, and Noot, the player can enter a new section of the plot. The player needs to have just leveled up to 15 or be level 15 and complete a battle to receive the letter.
Entering the Academy
- Gale: "Noot! Is that you?!"
- Noot: "Gale! Am I glad to see you! I've brought a new friend to help defeat the Puppet Master!"
- Gale: "So you got my letter! Where did you find this wizard? How powerful are they? Oh, where are my manners, I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Gale, the keeper of the academy. Well, I was. I don't know if I can call myself that anymore with what has happened. I suppose it's my fault that we're in this mess."
- Noot: "Don't blame yourself, Gale. It's not your fault."
- Gale: "Thank you, Noot. Actually, since you're here, there IS something you could help me with, if you're up to the task."
- Noot: "Of course!"
- Gale: "Good to hear. The Academy's archives contain valuable pages of information that wizards need to study. However, the Puppet Master has cast a powerful spell mixing up all the Archive's rooms and making them a mess! I would go to retrieve the pages myself, but the mess and confusion makes my head spin. So I need you to go down instead. Any pages you come across, please bring them back to the Academy's merchant. He will reward you in turn for your help. Oh, and one last thing! Here is an amulet that will let you warp into the Academy."
- Gale: "Best of luck. I'm counting on you."
- Noot: "All right, looks like it's up to us to investigate the Archives. When you're ready, just click on the stairs!"
Passive (No Battles Required)
- Browl: Buy with 80 Academy Pages from the Academy Merchant.
- Mystember: Buy with 500 Academy Pages from the Academy Merchant.
- Brumble: Complete the Earth Tower, and have Florian gift a Level 20 Brumble to the player.
- Blizzhared: Complete the Ice Tower and Ada will gift the player a level 20 Blizzhared.
- Cloud Neek
- Flame Neek
- Forest Neek
- Ice Neek
- River Neek
- Ivory TripTrop (with or without TripTrop)
- Shade (with Scally or Forest Neek)
- Muckster (with Aquaster)
- Funkeel (with Aquaster)
- Hob (with Scally)
- All pets that can be encountered in the Archives do not have a battle partner.
- All pets that can be encountered in the Academy Elemental Towers are accompanied by two other battle partners.
- The archive quests were formerly hourly, but now could be entered anytime.
- The pattern on the Academy carpet has the Astral symbol on it.
- There was a way to get into the Academy by going up from the wheel section in the old Lamplight Town.
- There used to be a glitch to the Archives where by clicking a Golden Page fast over and over, the player could get multiple. This meant that the player could finish the Archives quicker and even go over the counter (this did nothing except make the counter still count up after 5). This has since been patched.
- If the player collects 5 golden pages while doing the archive, they can spin the Archives Wheel for a prize; however, if they already have that prize then it gets exchanged for several pages, the max being 100 for Cat-o'-Lantern.
- The player cannot get Event Currencies while playing in the Archives.
- Normally, in a non-member chest, only 50 Gold is obtainable. However, in a member's chest, 150-300 Gold is usually given.